Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR restriction ??

Greetings

Is there a restriction on Single number reach where the remote destination can`t be an internal number?

I have SIP third party (DECT Phone) device that i want to use as my Remote destination number so that the user can switch back and forward between his Cisco Phone and the dect device

When i use the Extension assigned to the SIP phone as the remote destination it will not work at all however if i create a hunt pilot, add the extension to the hunt pilot and use that number instead then i get 50% of SNR feature working since the transfer to mobile will not work , if i tweak the design to route the call to the gateway and from the gateway back to CUCM then the SIP phone then SNR is working 99% except that when i transfer an active call to the SIP phone (using the mobility key while call is active) i can see the phone ringing but when i answer it`s dead air and the call get dropped eventually? any help or suggestions

PS: Shared line is not an option with third party phone since when the call is answered on the DECT phone even if i put the call on hold it will not give me the option to retrieve it from the Cisco phone and this make sense cause the call is transferred to the third party SIP phone and callmanager loose control over the call

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here are some restriction;

Restrictions

•Each IP phone supports only one SNR directory number.

•SNR feature is not supported for the following:

–SCCP-controlled analog FXS phones

–MLPP calls

–Secure calls

–Video calls

–Hunt group directory numbers (voice or ephone)

–MWI directory numbers

–Trunk directory numbers

•An overlay set can support only one SNR directory number and that directory number must be the primary directory number.

•Call forward no answer (CFNA), configured with the call-forward noan command, is disabled if SNR is configured on the directory number. To forward unanswered calls to voice mail, use the cfwd-noan keyword in the snr command.

•Call forwarding of unanswered calls, configured with the cfwd-noan keyword in the snr command, is not supported for PSTN calls from FXO trunks because the calls connect immediately.

•Calls from an internal extension to an extension which is busy, is forwarded to the SNR destination even if no forward local-calls is configured under the Directory Number.

•Calls  always remain private. If a call is answered on a remote phone, the  desktop IP phone can not listen to the call unless it resumes the call.

•U.S. English is the only locale supported for SNR calls.

from;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html#wp1015167

Question: where is this SNR configure on CUCM or CME?

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no reason to have SNR destination as internal number and I am pretty sure that would not be supported. I am having hard time understanding why you'd ever want that. If you need concurrent ringing of both IP phone and 3rd party SIP device simply create shared line appearance between the 2 devices, if you need phone to ring and then if not answered rollover to the other device simply create forward no answer destination on the DN. As far as your concern with retreiving held call do you have privacy disabled on both devices?

Hi,

I don't see why call retrieve with 3rd party SIP doesn't work. It should because the phone will signal CUCM when the call is onhold and CUCM will signal other shared DNs if they want to retrieve the call.

Start with checking Privacy setting and if disabled, please share traces to see what is happening when the call is placed on hold.