Views
Helpful
Replies

Software License lost after rebooting PUB CUCM 6.0.1a

abrimawi9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a very strange issue. After rebooting my PUB and SUB the Software License is lost, DLUs and Node remained as before.

Before that i installed CUCM 6.1 on inactive partition of PUB (I did not switch version). i just restarted my CUCM servers as i changed NTP server.

I dont have the license files. appricate any help

Cheers,

AB

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Weird, have you reached licensing to get a new license?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Not yet, If i e-mail them the MAC address they will resend me the SW license? Those servers were boat in 2008!

Is there a way to get the license file from directory (file get etc) and re-upload it to PUB?

Thanks

Hi AB,

If u ahve a backup of call manager, please try if it works.

You should look for a file in backup with a name like "2012-07-28-09-38-39_Publisher_CCM_PLATFORM.tar" where Publisher is the name of your server.Unzip this file to extract the licenses file from a directory inside this tar file at the following location \usr\local\cm\conf\licfiles\

regds,

aman

Hi aman

unfortunately, licefiles folder is empty!! Is that normal?

Thanks

Hi AB,

That is the reason I told u to try.

I have tried for version 5 , 6 and 7 as well and works.But what I think this could be version specific considering minor version as well.

regds,

aman

Hi AB,

I am sharing the snapshot for your reference.

regds,

aman

Hi aman,

Can you please explain what do you mean by "I think this could be version specific considering minor version as well"

I tried this from another cluster backup and i can see the license files.

I don't know why it is not here for this 6.0 cluster!! why DLUs and Node license are not lost? as i said before i have installed CUCM 6.1 in the publisher inactive partitions (without switching the version) then rebooted. could that be the reason?

Thank you for your help so far.

Hi AB,

this could be one of the issues

identify missing licenses in CCMAdmin license pages

CSCsq07131

Description

Symptom:
CUCM may fail after upgrade or newly configured devices may not register or function
Conditions:
CUCM is either missing license files, does not have enough licensed DLUs, does not have enough licensed nodes, is missing software feature license, or has other licensing violation.
Workaround:
manually verify licensing
Further Problem Description:
currently CM silently fails on licensing. this requires a diagnostic effort to root cause the failure. This is an enhancement defect to make it clear to the user when and what licenses are missing.

Known Affected Releases:

6.0(1)

6.1(1)

6.1(2)

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: