cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some 7965 & 7975 phones do not refresh TFTP server upon Option 150 change in DHCP server

4rmorris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We're in the process of migrating our phones from CUCM 6.1.5 to CUCM 9.1.1.  One of our key steps is to change Option 150 in our DHCP server and then reset the phones.  In our pilot office of 200 phones, 95% of phones reset, found the new server based on the updated Option 150 field, and registered to the new phone system.  5% of phones held onto the old TFTP information and continued to register against the old CUCM.

The only resolution I could find was the force a factory reset of the phone.  A factory reset phone would pick up the new information, register to CUCM 9.1.1 and update it's firmware.  As this requires somebody to touch 5% of phone in all of our offices, I'm hoping someone has seen this before and can suggest a resolution.  Does it have to do with DHCP lease timeouts (i.e., can I be better assured phones will update all of their lease info if I cut the lease timeouts to 15 minutes)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Reply 1

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Performing a factory reset can only be done by visiting the phone, however from what you describe it's possible you have an ITL Issues, or it may be enough to erase the setitngs on the phone. Deleting the ITL FIle and Erasing the Settings in bulk can be done by using PhoneView from UnifiedFX

PhoneView can do almost anything with all your phones remotely, as an example I've included a video on how to create a macro to delte ITL Files, you can use the same approach to erase the settings on the phone too.

Thanks

Stephen Welsh

CTO

http://www.unifiedfx.com