Views
Helpful
Replies

Some AD users can't be sychronized through LDAP integration

qilin zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We have completed the LDAP integration on CUCM8.5 with windows 2008 AD, after that we found some users in the same ou can't be synchronized. There are about 1200 users in this ou and about 100 users can't be imported.

What will be the reason of this problem? Is there any user quantity restriction for one LDAP integration entity? or restrction in CUCM user database?

or any special AD user property which prevent being sychronized with CUCM?

Thanks,

Kirin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Justin is correct, if a user does not have a last name they will not sync. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/b02ldsys.html

Note After  you configure LDAP synchronization in Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Administration, users without last names in the corporate  directory do not synchronize with the Cisco Unified Communications  Manager database. No error displays in Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Administration, but the log file indicates which users did not  synchronize.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kirin,

Can you check to ensure that the AD User has a First name, Last Name, Display Name and most importantly a Telephone number.

I would suggest comparing a working user vs a non-working user.

Regards,

Justin

Justin is correct, if a user does not have a last name they will not sync. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/b02ldsys.html

Note After  you configure LDAP synchronization in Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Administration, users without last names in the corporate  directory do not synchronize with the Cisco Unified Communications  Manager database. No error displays in Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Administration, but the log file indicates which users did not  synchronize.

Thanks Justin and joemar,

yes, I found I missed the last name for these users,  they can be imported now.

Hi Joe,

Could you tell me which log file indicates users that not synchronized? I do have an issue with my ldap sync, ldap search produce 4,759 users and cucm only imported 4,742.  17 users are missed. I verified there in no issue of last name. All users in ldap have last name attribute.

Thanks.