cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source IP address of call orginating from sip trunk

sahmerzia
Level 1
Level 1

I am  unable to confgure source ip address of call orginating for sip trunk. I read somewhere that source ip address of call should be the ip address that calling device registered to. I also checked "Run in all active nodes as suggested by cisco.We have cluster of 3 Sub and 1 pub however call always orgianate from one particular Sub.

I also did go through many changes i-e DP and route list but thinks not work for me. Can anyone help to sortout this issue?       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

let's say if your ip phone registered in sub-A and 'run on all nodes' enabled, then the source ip would be always sub-A's ip address irrespective of the device pool config on the sip trunk.

Could you please explain the device pool config in IP phones & SIP trunk?

have you enabled the 'run on all nodes' for route list also?

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello Syed,

without 'Run on all nodes' option, the call wil originate from the 1st node of the device pool assigned to SIP trunk.

With Run on all Active Unified CM Nodes enabled,  outbound SIP trunk calls originate from the same node on which the  inbound call (for example, from a phone or trunk) is received.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/trunks.html#wp1123026

//Suresh

Sould i also select the local route group in DP for that particular SIP trunk

Local Route Group is nothing to do with Source IP Address of SIP.

How your calls are initiated towards SIP Trunk? by IP phone or Gateway or any other trunk?

could you please provide the exact call flow?

//Suresh

Dear Suresh,

Calls is always initatied with IP phone regsitered with different subscriber. PFB call flow FYR

IP Phone -----> SIP TRUNK  --------> Destination

Thanks

let's say if your ip phone registered in sub-A and 'run on all nodes' enabled, then the source ip would be always sub-A's ip address irrespective of the device pool config on the sip trunk.

Could you please explain the device pool config in IP phones & SIP trunk?

have you enabled the 'run on all nodes' for route list also?

//Suresh

Dear Suresh,

Issue has been resolved after checking this option in RL. Thanks for your support

Hello Syed, Good to know that the issue is fixed. Glad that I could help.

//Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: