cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA232d / SPA302d and CUCM 8.6

AdamBlackNNT
Level 1
Level 1

I want to try out the new wireless DECT phones from Cisco, and to that end I have purchased a SPA302D kit, including the SPA 232d DECT base unit and a SPA302 phone.  Still being pretty green to VoIP I figured that those being SIP-capable Cisco devices all I would need to do is update my phone database in CUCM to the latest/greatest version and I'd see them listed; as it turns out I was pretty wrong.  Lesson learned there, but my challenge is now to get it to work anyway.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to go from here?  What do I need to do to get the base talking with the CUCM?

21 Replies 21

Hi Adam

Did you manage to get this SPA302D deck phone with CUCM/BE6000.

I have a client with BE6000 with SIP Trunk. and looking for a deck phone.

Regards

shameer

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

Here is a document about setting up a 'sip endpoint',

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

I think it talks about CM6, but may be helpful.

I don't think this is a supported configuration right now tho...

Dlm...

Marcel Imrich
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Adam,

have you managed to register it under CUCM? This should be the same as any oter former Linksys SIP IP phone.

Marcel

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

you can add them as an advanced third party sip.

it will work and register.

HTH

Anas

please rate all helpful posts

Hello Guys!

I read that some of you (and others) was able to register theese ATA:s in cucm. How did you do that?

We are running CUCM version 9.1.2.xxxxx something.

What I did:

added the phone in cucm as third party advanced sip

Added a end user in cucm

added the "controlled device" in cucm to the user

hooked up the "internet" port to our LAN and plugged my pc into the "LAN-port"

I went trough the setup and added the sip credentials (am I doing this right?)

It does not register in cucm

also upgraded software in the ata as well as the hand unit (Cisco dect)

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

:-)

//Björn

Come on... pleeeeease :-)

Sorry for delay Bjorn,

first af all, try to register SPA using internal LAN port for registration. I don't have the unit here anymore but I think this worked for me but you'll have to switch the unit to transparent/bridge mode. Config. setings for DECT line si fine, don't forget to set "digest" password for that user in directory and of cource associate user with that device (select - digest user).

It is also important to change default SIP profile to support "digest authentication" for enabling auth. for 3rd party SIP phone.

Hope this will help

Marcel

Thanks for the reply!

I finally got it to work. The complete list of configuration was (CUCM9.1)

Setting the SPA232D to "Bridge mode" (I had to use the "internet port" on the SPA to get an initial ip)

Accuire ip on the "LAN" port

Add the device to CUCM as Advanced third party SIP device

Make a copy of the default SIP security profile in cucm and add the "digest authentication" feature to that profile

add the security profile to the phone in cucm

Add a user to CUCM (User id in cucm used as user on the dect phone)

set a digest password on the user in cucm (used as PIN in the dect)

associate the user to the phone

type in the credentials into the dect and restart it

Not really straight forward but it seems to work ok once there... :-)

Hi Bjorn,

I have the same phone and having the same problem.

Is there anyway you can be a little more detailed to your steps on how you got this phone registered to callmanager?

I have the LAN port conencted to my network and it picks up an IP address to which I can navigate to via a web broswer.

I have tried adding the device to CUCM as a third party SIP device and also made a copy of the SIP security profile and added the "digest authentication" feature.

But still have no luck registering the phone to CUCM.

You can check for some detailed steps here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

Let us know if it helps.

Manish

Hi, Although my post already says so, but did you also do this:

add the security profile to the phone in cucm

Add a user to CUCM (User id in cucm used as user on the dect phone)

set a digest password on the user in cucm (used as PIN in the dect)

associate the user to the phone

type in the credentials into the dect and restart it

?

I sent off the phone to a remote site and it did of course not work

I will be on that site tomorrow and see what the problem is, but it is not a "straight forward" solution... If you have cucm in place I would recommend a "normal" ata any day.

I also tested a smb switch the other day, it seems like these smb products are "almost" cisco, but not really, too bad.

//Björn

hi

We are looking at using these spa 302 on our cucm 8.6, and was wondering how it compares with an ata featurewise, i.e does it do call pickup?

thanks

Hello, sorry to bring back to life an old issue.

I have the same equipment and cannot get the SPA232 to register to our CUCM.

I have the Device Secuity Profile created, end user with digest password, and a DN configured but it will not register.

Where in the GUI admin page did you enter the Digest User credentials?

If I go to Voice Tab where do I enter this information? Line 1?, User 1?, DECT Line 1?

Thank you in advance.

Rob G.

Hi Rob,

I , sadly, am in the same spot as you. Stuck being not able to register the phone and not knowing where they entered the digest user credentials.

Do you have any Update on this issue?

Regards,

Chris