cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA514G: BLF is broken in firmware 5.7.6 (firmware bug)

ivanpechorin
Level 1
Level 1

I have SPA514G device with one of the line keys configured as BLF, i.e. with extended function: fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=7309@$PROXY;ext=7312@$PROXY;usr=7309@$PROXY

This setup works perfectly on previous versions of SPA51x firmware (I've checked 7.5.2 and 7.5.4), but firmware 7.5.6 has changed the behaviour:

• On older firmwares, the phone sends SUBSCRIBE with "Accept: application/dialog-info+xml".
  • Version 7.5.6 with exactly the same settings sends SUBSCRIBE with different type instead - "Accept: application/x-broadworks-hoteling+xml"

In the Release Notes for 7.5.6 I found that Broadworks Hoteling is a new feature added in 7.5.6. I think that the change of the default behaviour is plain wrong, so this is a bug in firmware.

I didn't find any option in web interface that disables this new behaviour. There is a setting "Enable Broadsoft Hoteling", but it is set to default: "no".

I wonder if there is anyone else using BLF on SPA514G? Did you already upgrade to 7.5.6?

Any help or hint is highly appreciated - basically I want to run 7.5.6 but get the previous behaviour for fnc=sd+blf+cp - so that phone sends SUBSCRIBE for dialog-info instead of the new x-broadworks-hoteling.

P.S. We need firmware 7.5.6 for other reason, described here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12099606/problem-when-sending-cancel-180-ringing-received

2 Replies 2

FlyingDoctor_2
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a way around this bug

Release notes say it is fixed in 7.5.7, didn't test myself yet.

SPA50x/30x/51x Firmware Release 7.5.7
=====================================

Bug Fixes and changes since 7.5.6
=================================
- CSCur27078 - SPA514G - BLF is broken in firmware 7.5.6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: