cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 & SPA942 CFWD to external number

itadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup two phones (SPA942) behind a PBX SPA9000. I have two providers one on line 1 and the other on line 2. I can make calls and recieve calls without any issues but I can not get CFWD function on the phone to work when forwarding to external number.

CFWD work in the following scenarioes:

- calling from internal phone and call forwarding to external phone

- calling from external phone and call forwarding to internal phone

CFWD does not work in the following scenarioes:

- calling from external phone on line 1 and call forwarding to another external phone through line 1

- calling from external phone on line 1 and call forwarding to another external phone through line 2

The secound external phone rings when the call is forwarded but when it is picked up, there is no voice going through. I have configured call forward bridge mode and call transfer bridge mode to all / all on SPA9000 but it is still not helping. Does anyone have this working?

1 Reply 1

empirenet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

For future use on the Linksys SPA9000. I got this call forwarding to an external number working.

Line 1: Setup for sip provider.

Phone call incoming on line 1 from an external number to my SPA9000. All my Cisco phones ring on the first line and if it does not get answered the SPA then redirects the call to an external nr after 20 seconds.

There are a few settings that need changing on the SPA9000.

CFWD Bridge Mode:all

VMSP Bridge: all

XFER Bridge Mode: all

Force Media Proxy: yes (This made two way voice possible)

Let me know if you require more info.

Herman Visser

Empire Networks Ltd.

www.empirenet.co.uk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: