Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Calendar Service Issue - VCS 8.10 - Cant Add Office 365 server

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

We are running VCS 8.10 Expressway Core with Spark Hybrid Services.  We are successfully connected to the collaboration cloud.  The issue is the calendar connection is not working properly.  We try to add an exchange server with a valid impersonation account, we are using the same one for unity connection single inbox and this is working with O365.  The error we get is that autodiscovery fails and then we hit the button to allow the URL for auto discovery.  It says success but there is never a office 365 server added.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  Thanks

Jason

4 Replies 4

amitkumarp
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jason,

I have the same problem. I have raised a case with Cisco Spark team and awaiting response.

Let me know if you were able to resolve it on your end. 

Thanks,

Amit.

Did you ever get this fixed?

I have experienced the same problem. I have tried to add the office365 settings around 10 times then it worked. Also I could see that it worked for a day or two then fails again. Im using the latest 8.10.4 with the latest Calendar Connector 8.8-1.0.4724.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Just wanted to update everyone on the resolution here.

If you're autodiscover.domain.com points to internal Exchange such as in a hybrid environment or in the middle of a migration, you must create the impersonation account on-prem and have it synced out to O365 then add the impersonation privilege in O365.

The Hybrid Calendar service tries to authenticate to the autodiscover source using the credentials you enter which will fail for a pure O365 account if your autodiscover points internally.

The autodiscover is currently pretty important and hard setting to O365 doesn't override it like Unity Connection does.

Your other option is to update the autodiscover.example.com to point to O365 if you've fully completed your migration.

Also make sure to import the root CA for your Exchange environment as it uses HTTPS for the autodiscover lookup.