cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Room Kit Plus shows 'none' as status in CUCM, but it IS registered

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Any idea why our new Cisco Spark Room Kit Plus shows a status of 'none' and an IP address of 'none' in CUCM 11.5, even though it truly is registered?   If I look on the Spark's touch pad and check the status, it shows the CUCM IP address as the SIP proxy and it says registered...but CUCM doesn't show me the status.  I have the latest software installed on the Spark Room Kit Plus and the latest Device Pack installed on CUCM.  

I'm pretty sure when it first auto registered, it did show a status, but after self-provisioning to assign the DN and so on to it, I no longer see a status or IP address in CUCM, which is not very convenient.  

I can reset the device in CUCM even though it doesn't show a status.  If I click Reset in CUCM for that device, it will indeed reboot the Spark device (it's at my desk for testing and I can see it reboot when I reset it via CUCM).

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Davide Fiumi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi voip,

I had the same problem. I installed the device pack to configure spark room 55 following the Cisco procedure and therefore restarting the callmanager service just on the publisher node.

Because of my cluster specific configuration the spark room 55 was actually registering on the subscriber node: I could place video calls, but the status on the CUCM was showing unregistered".

Then I tried restarting the callmanager service even on the subscriber node (where the spark room was registered) and after that I noticed the CUCM was showing the correct status.

Hope this help.

Thank you.  I'll try restarting the CM service on all of our CUCM servers in the future when I have a good time to do it on the weekend.   I'll try to remember to update this posting if it solves the problem.  

Running into the same issue. The device pack instructions mention restarting CallManager on the pub, if applicable, but not the sub. Was this the sole service you restarted on the subs to fix the RoomKit status in CUCM?

-Aaron

Unfortunately, I haven't had the device connected since I asked about this.  It's a new unit that will likely end up at another location so I was waiting to see where it needs to ship.   If I have time I'll unpack it and plug it in again and see if the status appears correct now.  I've rebooted the servers for other reasons already, so if it looks correct now I won't know for sure if just restarting the call manager server would have been the solution.

I went ahead and plugged in the spark room kit plus a few minutes ago and checked the status in CUCM.   It does indeed appear registered/showing correct status now (instead or unknown or no meaningful status).  I don't know if the reboot is absolutely necessary and hopefully you can get by with just a restart of the call manager service.  

Thank you for the info!

notinstock
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem....  Did not have Call Manager service Running on my Publisher node so I never restarted it...  The Spark Room Kit Plus showed registered.  Even receives and places calls, but "none" for status/IP address.  I found this article and restarted just the CallManager service on both my subscriber nodes and now I see the registration status.

@notinstock wrote:

I had the same problem....  Did not have Call Manager service Running on my Publisher node so I never restarted it...  The Spark Room Kit Plus showed registered.  Even receives and places calls, but "none" for status/IP address.  I found this article and restarted just the CallManager service on both my subscriber nodes and now I see the registration status.

The device pack notes appear wrong. I have done a few device packs now in CUCM for video devices and so far if you *don't* reboot the servers then something will not work right. The last issue I saw was CUCM not jiving with TMS without the reboot.