Views
Helpful
Replies

Specify RTP ports to use on CME

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys,

I have CME that has SIP trunk with the provider. Can I specify the RTP port range to use for the audio/media traffic? What command can I use to show the current port range? It should be the default setting right now in the range of 16384 to 32768

Sorry for the junior questions but my understanding is that each side specify the source UDP port it will use for the RTP stream correct? On my CME even I specify the new port range, it will be my source. However my destination port will be given by the provider and there is nothing I can do to influence it, correct?

Thanks,

Difan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Difan,

Your understanding with respect to port usage is correct.

Although I never need to change the RTP port range in CME, but you can check the below document where one command is mentioned to change the RTP port range.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/xe-3s/cube-proto-xe-3s-book/voi-ip6-voip.html#task_39847922DDE9413BAFE73A80EE44EA5D

- Vivek

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The port for the RTP is used dynamic, AFAIK there is nothing you can hardcode or configure on CME.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Difan,

Your understanding with respect to port usage is correct.

Although I never need to change the RTP port range in CME, but you can check the below document where one command is mentioned to change the RTP port range.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/xe-3s/cube-proto-xe-3s-book/voi-ip6-voip.html#task_39847922DDE9413BAFE73A80EE44EA5D

- Vivek

Thank you! It is exactly what I am looking for.

Many Thanks for share this link, but this information is about CUBE

i found this command for change RTP range ,BUT

Device(config)# voice service voip

Device(conf-voi-serv)# allow-connections sip to sip

Device(config-voi-serv)# media-address range 2001:DB8::/48

Device(config-voi-serv)# rtp-port range 20000 30000

But it doesn't work on CME ISR G1 like (2811), and i have this issue too,

is there anyone that can give any suggestion or command that can help us ??