cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial and Abbreviated Dial

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

I have to configure 40 phones with 100 Speed dial/Abbre. numbers. Is there anyways I can configure one phone with these numbers and have this phone publish these  to other 39 phones?

OR is there a easy way of doing this task?

I am using CCM 9.x and Cisco 7821 SIP phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You could configure one phone, and then export the phone config (using BAT import/export functions) then edit the output file to copy the speed dials to the other phones.

On 10.5 you can associate all the phones to one user, and the User Portal allows you to link the phones together so the speed dials are synced. Just found this the other day, but it's not much use to you just now!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You could configure one phone, and then export the phone config (using BAT import/export functions) then edit the output file to copy the speed dials to the other phones.

On 10.5 you can associate all the phones to one user, and the User Portal allows you to link the phones together so the speed dials are synced. Just found this the other day, but it's not much use to you just now!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron...I will try it.

Hi Aaron,

Could you please give me hint of what exactly I need to export once I have one phone configured using 100 speed dial numbers? I was looking into BAT export/import tool and I didn't see anything that would help!!! I can export phones but I don't want to do that because every phone would have different DNs with same speed dial numbers. Thank you

Hi

Each phone will have columns for Speed Dial 1, Speed Dial 2 etc which you can copy over with a decent spreadsheet editor. I use LibreOffice Calc rather than Excel as it doesn't mess with the data/formatting much unless you want it to...

Aaron