cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial CME with 6911 Phones

ken.montgomery
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched and read about bulk-loading speed dials, also about the fast dial command, and I'm still struggling with getting speed dials to work with a CME running 6911 phones.  I know which button is the speed dial button (the phone symbol with wind blowing out behind it) and I've tried using the following commands, all to no avail:

telephony-service

directory entry 34 <numberbeingcalled> name TestSpeedDial

ephone  81

max-calls-per-button 2

fastdial 1 <numberbeingcalled> name TestSpeedDial

type 6911

keep-conference

button  1:81

(I omitted un-necessary items).

So am I just using the commands wrong, or do we not understand how to dial them on th ephone.  On the phone if we use the speed dial button and choose 34, nothing happens.  On the same phone, using speed dial than 1, nothing happens.

Just looking to make one speed dial that all users at the site can use, simply... looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm don't think that CME support the feature button. It supposed be pressed then followed by a single, configrable digit, but there is no way to configure that. Phones with no display and no softkeys can be used only for zero feature positions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm don't think that CME support the feature button. It supposed be pressed then followed by a single, configrable digit, but there is no way to configure that. Phones with no display and no softkeys can be used only for zero feature positions.

Ok, so what you're hinting at is that the 6911 cannot do speed dials, as the other phones can.  So, there is no way to program up a shorter version of a number, make it universal?  Was really hoping to make a 2 or 3 digit dial for a long number.

You can use things like number-exp, or a floating DN's with CFA to the desired number.

ok, thanks for the information.  Was hopeful there was better news

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: