cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed-Dial codes/abbreviated dialing

tomearley
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.  Can anyone tell me if it is normal for the speed-dial code/abbreviated dialing soft key to be greyed out when the user is on a call?  Many thanks!

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which state is the phone exactly?

AbbriviatedDial is not an option for Connected state.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Yes when user is on a call, abbrv dial softkey is greyed out. So if I understand you correctly, abbv dial is not an option when call state is active/connected?

Thanks!

Tom

Chris,

Why would it not be an option? what is the reason.

Thank you!

Tom

Tom,

What exatctly are you doing on the phone, are you in Connected state or in Off Hook With Feature (pressed conference or transfer)?

If the first then it is not impossible to invoke AbbDial as you are simply talking to another party, if the second then the softkey should be available if defined in softkey template and as soon you enter digits i.e. 1 AbbDial should become available (un grayed out).

Chris

Thank you Chris.  I have been unable to locate Cisco Docs that specify these details- any suggestions?

Tom

Sure, have a look at the System Guide and Admin Guide for your CUCM version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: