Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed dial service

SAIFUDEEN C .K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Could you please help me to create an XML file to configure speed dial service for  CUCM 7.x.

Would be great if you have a sample file so that I can edit it.

Thanks alot in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you want an XML file that you can specifiy as a IP Phone service that will offer a list of numbers that can be selected to dial certain numbers.  That is certainly possible with the IP Phone SDK.  Is this a static list of numbers or does this list need to be read from some external source?  And how many numbers are you looking at listing?

View solution in original post

First, you will need a web server to host the XML file.  CUCM doesn't serve custom files via HTTP, which is what this service will need.  Second, you need to create the XML file:

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

<Title>Directory title goes here</Title>

<Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>The name of the directory entry</Name>

<Telephone>The telephone number for the entry</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

This is the XML schema from the SDK.  Just create a text file, fill in the correct information and duplicate the <DirectoryEntry> section for each entry in the list.  Move it up to the web server.

Third, create the IP Phone Service. In CUCM, under Device | Device Settings | Phone Services.  Create new.  You need to give this a name (and an ASCII Name, which will very likely be the same).  The Service URL will be the path to the XML file on the web server.  Service Category should be XML Service.  Service Type will determine if this directory will show up when the user presses the Services Button, the Directories Button, or the Messages Button.  I don't think Messages would make sense, but either Directories or Services will work.  The Enterprise Parameter will assign this service to all users, but this cannot be modified after the service is created.  I would recommend creating the service first, test it out on a couple phones, and then, if you want it on all phones, create a duplicate that includes teh Enterprise Subscription parameter.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Saif

What do you mean for speed dial service?

On CUCM speed dial service is already integrated on phone configuration page.

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks everyone for your time.

I want to configure 10 speed dials for service button on all phones.

please help.

First, you will need a web server to host the XML file.  CUCM doesn't serve custom files via HTTP, which is what this service will need.  Second, you need to create the XML file:

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

<Title>Directory title goes here</Title>

<Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>The name of the directory entry</Name>

<Telephone>The telephone number for the entry</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

This is the XML schema from the SDK.  Just create a text file, fill in the correct information and duplicate the <DirectoryEntry> section for each entry in the list.  Move it up to the web server.

Third, create the IP Phone Service. In CUCM, under Device | Device Settings | Phone Services.  Create new.  You need to give this a name (and an ASCII Name, which will very likely be the same).  The Service URL will be the path to the XML file on the web server.  Service Category should be XML Service.  Service Type will determine if this directory will show up when the user presses the Services Button, the Directories Button, or the Messages Button.  I don't think Messages would make sense, but either Directories or Services will work.  The Enterprise Parameter will assign this service to all users, but this cannot be modified after the service is created.  I would recommend creating the service first, test it out on a couple phones, and then, if you want it on all phones, create a duplicate that includes teh Enterprise Subscription parameter.

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

If you want to assign a Speed Dial to a line just create a new phone Button Template with a Speed Dial button defined and assign it the the phone. No need to create a service.

It sounds like you want an XML file that you can specifiy as a IP Phone service that will offer a list of numbers that can be selected to dial certain numbers.  That is certainly possible with the IP Phone SDK.  Is this a static list of numbers or does this list need to be read from some external source?  And how many numbers are you looking at listing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: