cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Split the PRI

rares_mancas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a PRI T1 with CUCMBE 6.1.2 and 2811 GW. Because now there are two companies in the same office, they want to give access to only 4 channels from the PRI to the second company phones(so that they should have maximum 4 concurrent calls incomming and outgoing and using a different access code for outgoing). How can I do this? I search everywhere and I can't find any reference about splitting and giving access to only some of the PRI channels. I need just to point me in the right direction. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

You can use probably the commands incoming called number and answer-address to match your two companies on your VG and specify different pots dial-peer , then apply also a max-conn of 4 connections to limit the outside call .You can do also the same for the inside if you want .

Here is some information about that :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Thanks

Olivier

Hi, thanks. I was thinking at this . But this means a lot of changes to be made. Change the VG to h232, create a bunch of dial-peers, translation rules and ds0 groups (probably) for both companies etc.

I'm starting to hate Apple! ;)

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi there you can do it by grouping the T1 channels by useing a feature in cisco IOS h323 gateways called trunk group.. but keep in minde this work only outbound

i mean the grouping is under urcontrol in outbound calls only inbound only based on the telco pstn line/channel assignement

u can sovle ur issue by useing the following link which is a case simler toyours i have addresed

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Video%20over%20IP&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc18d16/0#selected_message

good luck

if helpful Rate