Views
Helpful
Replies

Splitting a redundant CUCM 8.5 Deployment into 2 sites

Saeed Halaby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

a client was asking me a question which stumpped me, though theoretically i know the answer. i would like to get the views of the experts here and surely the Cisco view to make sure iam correct.

the situation is as follows:

the client will deploy an ip telephony solution for 200 users using 2 redundant 7816I5-CMD2 servers, with 200 Enhanced licenses for the users. this is their HQ. he then plans to move 100 users form the HQ to a new branch, that does not have any link to the HQ, and thus asked if he can move one of the servers to the new branch and move 100 Enhanced licenses with this server for the users thus removeing the redundancy in the HQ and having 2 seperate IP telephony deployments with 100 enhanced users in the HQ and 100 enhanced users int he new branch, which he already has bought before, without extra costs.

in theory this is doable, right? can anyone confirm this form the experts?

thank you for your time and help on this.

Saeed

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that's doable. Not sure about any cost for this, you might want to reach licensing@cisco.com asking them to split the licenses and see what they say.

But from a technical perspective other than losing redundancy that's not a problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate