cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST challenges for India with 2 lines...

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello all,

For our customer, we have a Centralized cluster located at Malaysia serving countries in APAC region. For India, we will be having 2 lines for all the IP phones for PSTN/VoIP isolation with the same number. Geolocations can work but customer raised some valid concerns where it is still going to violate regarding this feature so will be using legacy design.

However, I would like to understand how it behaves during SRST. The 2-lines from the IP phone will be registered to Cisco SRST gateway and will reflect as shared line??

And, the customer would like to have to continue the user level restrictions even during SRST. I guess it's possible only with Cisco CME but it will need user specific dial-peers which will be very complex design.

Please advice.

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok
3 Replies 3

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Ashok,

If you fall into SRST, presumably you'll only have PSTN access since your connection to CUCM will be cut-off. What do you need to preserve re: PSTN/VoIP isolation in that mode since VoIP will only be phone-to-phone at the local site at that point? 

Also, you can configure SRST to only let one of the two lines register.  So if the PSTN line was first and the VoIP line was second, you could configure SRST to only let the PSTN line register and thus in SRST you can extend only a single class of service and not break any rules.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your response.

The customer wants to retain 2 lines during SRST mode so that he can call to other India IPT sites during regional outage back to Central cluster at Malaysia. This means we need to retain almost the same structure of Cisco CUCM during SRST. I feel it may be configured using CME features but not quite sure.

Any ideas?

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Steven,

How is it possible to configure SRST to register only one line of 2 lines to get registered? We assign SRST reference at device level, right?

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok