Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST configuration Voice gateway Site

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I'm overwhelmed with the huge amount of information I find when looking for SRST configuration, and Idk at this point what is appropriate in my case

All i want is to register SIP phones when the WAN link is down, and keep the same IP addresses they already have 

All need is the following configuration based on This CiscoPress blog

CUCME-Router(config)# voice register global
CUCME-Router(config-register-global)# mode srst
CUCME-Router(config-register-global)# source-address X.X.X.X port 5060
CUCME-Router(config-register-global)# max-dn 40
CUCME-Router(config-register-global)# max-pool 10
CUCME-Router(config- register-global)# system message SRST Mode

When looking at other articles, I see pools configured under voice register pool with a couple of commands and a lot of other configuration parts : example mentioned in This Article

I need to know if the ciscopress config is enough or should I really add all the commands indicated in the second article

Thank you very much

3 Replies 3

bsrohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can define 1 voice register pool configuration block using "id network <address> mask <mask>" for all the phones to register using the phone's same IP address.
You can follow the configurations mentioned in the article.

Hope this helps !
-Rohan
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SRST configuration guide on cisco.com has a chapter which is specific for SIP SRST, have you followed that?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

For now i'm just gathering information, I know that it would be easier if was trying that using real equipement now, but unfortunately I have to do that in a new incoming project, that's why i'm looking for a complete configuration so I can be well prepared
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: