Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST for multiple remote sites question

mazenelhourani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I appreciate your help and suggestions on the below.

I have the following:

- CUCM at the HQ-Site

- Cisco 3945 gateway at the main site

- Several remote sites where the IP Phones are registered to the HQ's CUCM. The remote routers are Cisco3945/2811/3825.

The client's request is to only have SRST configured at the HQ's router and to have all the IP Phones of all the remote sites, register at the HQ's site SRST.

Please advise whether it's doable and how.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Mazen H. 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can configure that.

The only thing you need to do is to configure SRST (CME or not CME) at the HQ router and create the SRST reference to it for the remote phones.

G.

View solution in original post

Hi Mazen,

you do not need voice enabled routers at remote site since the SRST config is being done at central router.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

is there any TDM or IP connection to the PSTN at the remote sites?

G.

No, it all goes out of the main site's.

mazenelhourani
Level 1
Level 1

Correction: The client's request is to only have SRST configured at the HQ's router  and to have all the IP Phones of all the remote sites, register at the  HQ's site SRST, in case of main CUCM failure (not WAN failure). *

Hi Gergely,

So do you confirm that it's doable?

Apologies as I didn't find a straight clear config in your provided link.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mazen H.

Yes, you can configure that.

The only thing you need to do is to configure SRST (CME or not CME) at the HQ router and create the SRST reference to it for the remote phones.

G.

Thanks Gergely.

Any special config needed on the remote routers?

They are not voice-enabled routers, do I need to add the "SL-39-UC-K9=" on the remote routers?

Regards,

Mazen H.

Hi Mazen,

you do not need voice enabled routers at remote site since the SRST config is being done at central router.

regds,

aman

Hi Mazen,

The purpose of SRST gets defeated if WAN link fails and all phones get unregistered.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I know, yet it's the client's request for now.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: