cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST FXO outbound

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a customer that is trying to centralize the SRST routers due to the way the network is setup. I have ISR 4431's ,4 FXO ports. I have no contiguous extension ranges, We are trying to place several bldgs on one srst router.  Some bldgs may have 400 plus extensions. We are trying to force one bldg to go out one FXO port only. SO bldg A will only be able to dial out FXO port A. They are doing it for 911 reasons.  Because of the extension ranges are non-contiguous I could use cor lists but it would be a nightmare to administer when some routers could have 800-900 extensions and people move bldgs all the time. I did try using a translation rule on the register pool but that didn't work. I was trying to convert to SIP trunks but that will not happen anytime soon.  Has anyone done this or has any ideas? I have one ISR setup with two phones that are in SRST mode so I can test anytime. I have done this with SIP but the FXO ports are challenging. I am going to open a TAC case but the forum usually comes up with more solutions.  If the extension ranges were assigned to a specific building COR lists would work, not to say they will not work in this case but it would be a nightmare to administer.  Any thoughts ideas would be great

0 Replies 0