Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST intersite dialling

anishgupta86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My SRST phones are working fine. Only the issue is that customer wants the internal dialling (5 digit dialling) to be working when dialling from other sites to the SRST site. Also customer needs the 5 digit dialling for the SRST site for oubound calls to other sites to work.

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're asking how to translate 5 digit dialing into a number you can send over the PSTN to keep dialing habits for users, the call handling chapter of the SRST configuration guide covers this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're asking how to translate 5 digit dialing into a number you can send over the PSTN to keep dialing habits for users, the call handling chapter of the SRST configuration guide covers this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response, I wanted to confirm other site users not in SRST how their calls will be routed to users in SRST while dialling five digits. If we put in CFUR the complete number for that unregistered phone, how that will be routed.

Hi There,

I would recommend you read William Bell's article on CFUR and SRST mode.

It goes over the use case you are trying to solve.

https://www.netcraftsmen.com/using-call-forwarding-unregistered-cfur-to-support-srst-mode-in-cucm/ 

Have a read and let us know if you still have questions afterwards.

You should configure your backup dialplan on your SRST router to allow
intersite dialing (or as required by your customer). This plan should be
used only when in SRST (you can control this by pre-provisioning your DNs
and allow access using cor lists only).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: