cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST - MAX-DN Clarification

m.gravel
Level 1
Level 1

As per the command line reference you can enter a configuration statement under call-manager-fallback that looks like this:

Router(config-cm-fallback)#max-dn 3 dual-line 1 octo-line

When you do this the router outputs the following:

*Nov  8 21:59:34.323: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 1.1, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.327: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 1.2, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.335: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 2.1, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.339: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 2.2, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.347: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 3.1, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 3.2, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.1, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.2, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.3, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.4, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.5, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.6, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.7, changed state to up

*Nov  8 21:59:34.351: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ephone_dsp DN 4.8, changed st

My question is this.  It would appear that the configuration statement above configures 3 dual-line directory numbers and 1 octo-line directory number.  How would one determine which phone will get the octo-line vs what phone will get the dual-line configuration?  If you cannot determine or configure which phone gets the octo-line configuration what is the purpose of having the ability to configure both?

I have a situation where I want to configure dual-line on all the phones except the main line reception phone.  In SRST I'd like this phone to have an octo-line appearance to support the additional calls the main line receives.  I require SRST  because of the amount of phones (720 - the max supported).

Is there a way to assign the octo-line to the main line reception phone?  If not what is the purpose of this command?

Thanks,

Marc

2 Replies 2

The dual or octo lines in SRST configuration has nothing to do with the number of line buttons with directory numbers that each phone will have when in SRST mode. It's actually the phones that send there line configuration to the SRST GW. The dual and/or octo line sets the number of channels each directory number will have, not how many line buttons with a DN it has. It's much like the max number of calls on the DN in CUCM.

That said, I have no idea how the octo line would be selected. Truth be told I've never even seen that you could use both in the max-dn command.

I hope someone else can chip in and help you answer that.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Thanks Roger.  That I do understand.  Limit-dn is used to do what you mentioned which is determining how many of the lines (buttons) in CUCM it can register to the SRST router.  I plan to use limit the dn's to 1 per phone.

In my case the default for CUCM for max calls is 4 so if what you said is true all the phones would register to SRST asking for 4 max calls.  If I have configured all but one or all but a few for dual-line will those phones be assigned the octo-line configuration because they are requesting more than two channels?

Would the only way to ensure the octo-line is reserved for a specifc phone be to set all the phones in CUCM to max calls 2 and the reception phone to max calls > 2 ?  This would not be ideal as I am now limiting the amount of concurrent calls during production which should be the operational state 99% of the time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: