cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Query

Rajnath Singh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site with close to 1000 IP phones. We want to implement SRST for about 50 high profile phones only. Is there a way to prioritize tjis in the SRST router where only those 50 phones failover and the rest go down in case of outage?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

HI

i think on the gateway you can not do any thing , but you can on the CUCM create a device pool for the 50 IP phones and configure SRST to these only Cisco IP phones.

1-From the System menu, click on Device Pool>Add New.

2-Enter a name for the new Device Pool.

3-Select the Cisco Unified Communication Manager Group dropdown and select a group if needed.

4-You’ll also need to select a Date/Time Group and Region.

5-Lastly, from the SRST Reference dropdown, select Use Default Gateway . Click Save.

After that associate the device pool to the 50 IP phones based on your select

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

HI

i think on the gateway you can not do any thing , but you can on the CUCM create a device pool for the 50 IP phones and configure SRST to these only Cisco IP phones.

1-From the System menu, click on Device Pool>Add New.

2-Enter a name for the new Device Pool.

3-Select the Cisco Unified Communication Manager Group dropdown and select a group if needed.

4-You’ll also need to select a Date/Time Group and Region.

5-Lastly, from the SRST Reference dropdown, select Use Default Gateway . Click Save.

After that associate the device pool to the 50 IP phones based on your select

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

you need SRST GW support 50 phones. you need to create new device pool with the same region, date time group and add the new SRST reference

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts