cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST testing with a couple of phones

glenthms
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UCMP and UCMS boxes hosted over WAN.  We also have a PRI on a local voice gateway with H323 and SIP bound to loopback 0.  There are over 250 phone at this location and we want to ensure that SRST works if the WAN connectivity fails.  However, we cannot do this during business hours which is pretty much 24/7.  We need to ensure this works so how can I successfully test a couple of phones with inbound and outbound calls without impacting the rest of the location?

I have a mix of SCCP and SIP phones.  

NOTE:

We can put the phones into SRST by adding ACL to WAN, and the phones successfully register and we can make an outbound call.  The problem is testing inbound calls.  Since the voice gateway is still registered and can talk to UCMP and UCMS my SRST test doesnt work 100%.  I need a way to take a test DID and force the voice gateway to think its in SRST for only these 2 phones.  Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are correct on your first point; we need apply an ACL for the corresponding IP phones to block their communication to the PUB/SUBs. Provided you have configured SRST (for SIP and SCCP) correctly, you should see the phones registered at the ISR and they should be able to make outbound calls.

It is also feasible to test incoming calls, since you do not utilize MGCP. You simple have to implement an translation-profile to forward a specific DID to the SRST-registered extensions. More-specific wins, so you will not have issues accessing the rest of the internal DNs through the SIP/H323 trunks.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are correct on your first point; we need apply an ACL for the corresponding IP phones to block their communication to the PUB/SUBs. Provided you have configured SRST (for SIP and SCCP) correctly, you should see the phones registered at the ISR and they should be able to make outbound calls.

It is also feasible to test incoming calls, since you do not utilize MGCP. You simple have to implement an translation-profile to forward a specific DID to the SRST-registered extensions. More-specific wins, so you will not have issues accessing the rest of the internal DNs through the SIP/H323 trunks.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.