Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST, Unable to enter into SRST mode

sampath9614
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Please find the attached, I am trying to enter into SRST mode but unable to!! it's didn't throwing any errors too.

I have downgraded the frimware from 155-2 to 154.3

8 Replies 8

james.buchanan1
Level 1
Level 1

Are you expecting just putting in the command "call-manager-fallback" will initiate SRST mode? If so, that's not how SRST works. When you put in call-manager-fallback and all the subcommands under that section of the configuration, SRST mode is active on the router. What causes SRST to activate is when phones lose their registration to CUCM. Based on the SRST configuration they've received from CUCM, they will then try to register to the SRST-enabled router. That setting is under System-->SRST in CUCM and must be applied to the Device Pool.

Hello James Buchanan,

I have configured SRST in 11 routers which are perfectly working.

When you put in call-manager-fallback and all the subcommands under that section of the configuration, SRST mode is active on the router. What causes SRST to activate is when phones lose their registration to CUCM.

The problem itself is, am not able to enter into the (config-cm-fallback) mode. Hope you see the second screenshot attached by me.

Hello,

I see it now. What licenses do you have installed on the gateway?

Thanks,

James

Please find the attached license images

Can you post the rest of your config?

Here it is

If you have term mon enabled, and enter that command, do you get any feedback?

Sorry for late reply.. 

Yes your comment really helped me, it showed a memory utilization error. 

Contacted tac they resolved after taking few hours on call.