Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST: Use a SCCP extension instead of a SIP extension

Tyler-Paquet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a router set as SRST, but the environment has both SIP and SCCP phones registered to the call manager. Due to recent events, we needed to disconnect the WAN tunnel to the main Call Manager, but now, two phones with the same extension, 7307, are now registered to the router under SRST, but one is SIP and the other is SCCP. 7307 is the plar for all incoming calls, and I can't figure out how to tell the SRST router to send the calls to the phone with SCCP and not the SIP phone. It wants to send all calls to the SIP phone, as SIP SRST's dynamic dial-peers have a preference of 4, while the SCCP's preference is 9.

What would be the easiest way to make it so the SRST router rings the SCCP phone, and not the SIP phone?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tyler-Paquet
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind. I found what I had to do, set the priority of all SIP phones to 10, which made everything better. I'll consider this case solved, thanks to anyone who read :)

View solution in original post

Hi,

Under your sccp srst config (whether telephony-service or
call-,manager-fallback), you can apply 'max-dn x preference 3' which will
give higher preference to your auto-provisioned DNs.

**** plz remember to rate useful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tyler-Paquet
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind. I found what I had to do, set the priority of all SIP phones to 10, which made everything better. I'll consider this case solved, thanks to anyone who read :)

Hi,

Under your sccp srst config (whether telephony-service or
call-,manager-fallback), you can apply 'max-dn x preference 3' which will
give higher preference to your auto-provisioned DNs.

**** plz remember to rate useful posts