cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST using CME - understanding dial peers.

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Once again I turn to the Support Community for help. I have read Both the SRST Administrator guide and the SRST-CME config notes and examples, but am having trouble understanding how the dail peer configuration works.

My deployment is using a CUCMBE and a 2801 CME SRST. So I have configured it as follows for SRST failover:

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

telephony-service

srst mode auto-provision none
srst dn line-mode dual

In reading the SRST Admin guide, it appears that all of the control of incoming and outgoing calls is controled within the ccm-manager fallback SRST command, but in SRST with CME is it controled by dial peers.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Where I am having trouble is determining if I need two dial peers for every function - one for MGCP back to the CM and one for when in failover mode.

Can anyone help me understand this better?

Thanks,

Heath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are using MGCP the configuration and signaling of the router is downloaded from UCM. SRST or CME in SRST mode takes over if the MGCP process looses access to the call agent (UCM). The dial peers and other configuration only kicks in when the MGCP failover occurs. Until then all of that config sits dormant.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

After much more reading it would appear I am closer to answering my own question. But that has created more questions.

If I am using MGCP is a dial peer required for both inbound and outbound calling - That is a dial-peer with the "Service MGCP" Command?

For SRST do I just create another identical dial peer without the "Service MGCP" command?

Am I even close?

If you are using MGCP the configuration and signaling of the router is downloaded from UCM. SRST or CME in SRST mode takes over if the MGCP process looses access to the call agent (UCM). The dial peers and other configuration only kicks in when the MGCP failover occurs. Until then all of that config sits dormant.

Sorry for the delay - I'm on Holidays....

This is interesting information and certainly was not clear in the documentation... I am still a little confused... What is the "service MGCP" command used for in the dial peer. I assumed it was to tell the Router to forward a matching string to the MGCP application?

Can anyone tell me what the "service MGCP" command is used for in a dial peer. I have looked though the command line references and cannot find it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: