cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST with FXO ports not working

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented CCM 4.2 between my corporate office and my 11 branch offices. Each of the branch offices has a 2801 with at least 4 FXO ports (some have more). These will be used for inbound and outbound calls to that office. I have tried to configure SRST, but cannot get it to work correctly. Here is what I have done:

After bringing up the FXO ports with CCM in MGCP mode, I test inbound and outbound calls to verify they work correctly.

I put in my configurations for SRST (conn plar, dial-peers, etc). I then test calls again and everything works.

I then break the connection from the remote office to CCM. I see the phones register with the router. I can call between phones and place outbound calls on the FXO ports, however, all inbound calls ring once then go busy. I entered the "transfer-pattern" under call-manager-fallback and inbound calls started working correctly.

I restored the connection to CCM. I tested again and found that outbound calls and calls internally were working but the inbound calls on the FXO ports were ringing once, then going busy. I did a "debug voice dialpeer" and found that inbound calls were matching the first dial-peer. If I removed the "conn plar" statements from the voice ports, the calls would ring once then get dial tone. I had to remove all of the dial-peer statements for SRST in order to restore inbound calls. Not even a reboot on the router fixed it.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jack

3 Replies 3

nkleven
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have the following in your configuration?

!

application

global

service alternate default

!

!

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

!

H.323 should only be invoked in the event of an MGCP failure, the above commands will ensure that. Also, what version of IOS are you running?

k_vishwesh
Level 1
Level 1

Jack,

FXO is not supported in SRST fallback.What i feel you can try is , configure FXO as H323.

This shuold solve your problem.

let me know the solution?

vishwesh

This is incorrect. From SRTS configuration guide at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807e13a7.html#wp1061320

Signal Support

Cisco SRST supports FXS, FXO, T1, E1, and E1 R2 signals

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: