Helpful
Replies

SRTP between SCCP phones and Meeting Place 8

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1- Can i configure SRTP between cisco phones without using CAPF and certificates for authentication or i have to configure authentication for cisco phones.

2- If i configured SRTP between cisco phones can i make conference using meeting place 8 with SRTP.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. No. CUCM will not allow a secure call on a non-secure endpoint; it would be pointless (the SRTP keys would be exchanged in the clear). Also be advised that you must have two of the KEY-CCM-ADMIN-K9= PKI eTokens to put the cluster into mixed mode.
  2. The answer here also appears to be no as the documentation does not allow you to specify TLS or digest authentication on the SIP trunk.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your fast reply,

Another more question, Can we make calls between PRI(PSTN) callers or unsecured phones(ip phones or VG204) and Secured ip phones.

Thanks

Yep. That call will just be non-secure. All call participants must be properly configured for authenticated or encrypted mode for the call to be authenticated or encrypted. If any participant (or an invoked media resource) is not, the call will drop to non-secure by default.

You may want to read the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Guide, Release 8.5(1) for additional information on this topic. Note that if you are running a pre-8.0 release you'll want to read that version's document instead. The 8.0 release added several new features (namely the Trusted Verification Service) that will change the behavior of the product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: