cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh to CallManager 7.1 show odd characters with file list

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Am I doing something wrong here with file view command?  Or is his a bug, etc?.

I ssh to CallManager 7.1.3 and issue a file view and some characters are garbage, in particular before a “ I get a  symbol.   I’ve tried different things with no luck. Using SecureCRT 6.7.5.

Bad

admin:file view tftp Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/CorpLogo-TN.PNG” URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/CorpLogo.PNG”/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

end of the file reached

options: q=quit, n=next, p=prev, b=begin, e=end (lines 1 - 3 of 3) :

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 7.1.3.10000-11

Below is the correct version of List.xml; note the above has extra  characters before the quotes. If you run a diff of above and below you see what I mean;

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/CorpLogo-TN.PNG”

URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/CorpLogo.PNG”/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

5 Replies 5

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What was the text editorused for creating list.xml seen this many times for an additional enter etc why dont you paste the list.xml in notepad++ if using windows and text wrangler if using mac and try it again

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I’m doing a “file view” in CallManager CLI when I see it’s wrong. I assumed the problem was my line protocol/etc in my SSH client and not CallManager CLI.

So the text editor is whatever CallManager Platform OS is using.

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Obvious question you arent using custom images which would have required you to upload list.xml after modifying if not looks like odd behaviour see if.you are getting the same behavior with putty

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

My goal is to file view the current List.xml, copy it via screen and write a custom List.xml in Notepad then upload it via the CMPlatform. That is fine, it works every time if I cleanup the odd characters. I’m just getting tired of fixing the output each time.

If the screen is wrong, my copy/paste is wrong and needs cleanup every time.

How can I get file view correct.

The same problem occurs with both Putty and SecureCRT which leads me to belive this is a CallManager bug.

Can you re-produce this behavior as well in your environment/version of CallManager?

Jason Aarons, CCVP/CCNP

You could try "file dump tftp Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml" as alternative but I think you'll see the same thing where the double quotes (") are being interpretted wrong.

It looks like the editor that is being used to create the list.xml file is using the fancy double quote rather than the straight lines which are part of ISO-8859-1 character encoding.