cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard Local Route Group and MGCP / H323

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Have a customer with UC 8, 4 sites including main site.  running MGCP at remote sites and h323 at main site.  Site A = main site.  If user at Site B forwards their phone to an external number and someone calls that ext from another remote site, not the main site, the call routes out the local gateway where the forwarded ext resides.  If someone at the main site calls that ext, the call routes out of the main site and fails unless I add certain called party translation patterns to resolve the dialing local and ld prefixes.  I have standard local route group configured and the only difference in these sites are that the main site is h323 and all the remote sites are mgcp.  i would like for this to work to route out of the local gateway where the ext resides and not go out the main site gateway if someone from the main site calls that ext at the remote site.  I hope all this makes sense and thanks for the help.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can find several discussions on this forum when it comes to Local Route Groups and forwarding caveats, unfortunately since the local route group routing is based on original calling device's Local RG these caveats are unavoidable with call forwarding.

HTH,

Chris

I've searched through the forum but didn't find an answer to my question.  I know how standard local route group works, my main question is why it works from calls only from calls from Site A to the other sites and not from site B to site C for example, remote sites are configured as MGCP gateways, main site is h323.

I've never tested the forwarding behaviour using MGCP but, for sure, with H323 forwarded calls will use the RG of originating phone. From your description, it sounds like with MGCP it's handled differently. I think your best option is to implement a workaround to translate the dialed number to route correctly out of the main site or force routing through the forwarding phones VG.

t.s.davis
Level 1
Level 1

The only other way to work around the forwarding behavior when using SLRGs is creating a seperate partition, CSS, and route pattern and apply the CSS to the CFA CSS of the forwarding phone. That will force forwarded calls out the local VG of the forwarding phone but still allow other outbound calls to use the Local Route Group.

Although, that does defeat much of the benefit of using SLRGs...reduced configuration.

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: