Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard Presence Group

jagadish-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to configure/enable Standard Presence Group in CUCM for basic presence view of other users. Also i don't have any Presence Server in my setup. Is their any way to configure this. We are using CUCM 8.6 version with extension mobility.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Indeed, you have 2 flavors:

BLF Speed Dial

and/or

Presence in the directories (Missed calls, received calls, ...)

In your case (extension mobility), you should configure each end user with:

Presence Group = Standard Presence Group

Subscribe Calling Search Space = Select a CSS which allows to view all internal Directory Numbers

You should also configure the Directory Number of each Device Profile to be part of the Standard Presence Group.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can configure some basic presence functionality without the need of a presence server with CUCM.

Have a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html

Pierre.

Hi,

Thanks for the link, i read this and it all says about enabling feature in Enterprise & Service Parameters. Also to have two Presence groups and enable the respective presence groups in DN, User ID & Phone. Did all but no luck. Am using 7940,  7960 (firmware version 8.0(2) and 7942, 7962 (firmware version 42.9-2-12)series IP Phones.

Is their any where i have to look into ??

Pls help.

You need also to configure at least one of the phone button as Speed Dial BLF matching the DN you want to monitor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html#wp1155652

Ya, Tried that also, but no luck.

Withouth Configuring BLF/Speed dial also we can see the status in the Directories like missed call, placed call etc right ??

OR Is there any easy configuration like, everyone can see everyone's status in the directories ?? This will be more than enough for me.

Indeed, you have 2 flavors:

BLF Speed Dial

and/or

Presence in the directories (Missed calls, received calls, ...)

In your case (extension mobility), you should configure each end user with:

Presence Group = Standard Presence Group

Subscribe Calling Search Space = Select a CSS which allows to view all internal Directory Numbers

You should also configure the Directory Number of each Device Profile to be part of the Standard Presence Group.

Yeah thanks,

Actually as per the document i had done the configs, but was trying on a 7940 IP Phone. Actually 7940 and 7960 IP Phone doesn't support this. It worked well with 7942 IP Phones.

Thanks for your support.