Helpful
Replies

Static IP setting on ATA190

May Simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Allow me to ask basic question here.

We are installing voice gateway to our client this coming weekend and at that time we will install ATA190 since they have one analogue phone there.

The IT team in HQ of our client will configure CUCM by their own, and static IP addresses will be configured on all IP phones including the analogue one.

Now I'm trying to set static IP address on the analogue phone via ATA190 at our test environment referring the manual below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/190/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/ATA190/a190_agBcd.html

I could enter IVR configuration mode, confirm current IP address by pressing 110#, however when pressing 111# in order to configure static IP address, it says "Valid number" and I’m unable to change it. It seems like I have to change this static IP mode beforehand or something, but I couldn’t find the information.

Could anyone by any chance tell me how to do this?

Thanks and regards,

Mayumi

3 Replies 3

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You are right. You can change IP address only in Static mode. You can set static mode via 101-1 command. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/190/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/ATA190/a190_agBcd.html

Hi Vivek and experts,

Finally I could see this post here, thank you for your help via email!!

I had overlooked the option 101-1, so this was helpful.

However, I still have troubles on this.

After setting static ip address, subnet mask and default gateway, the ip addresses of the ATA were unchanged and they say CUCM unregistered. I confirmed from upper switch to the static address of ATA, ping is successful. So I did reboot the ATA, but nothing has changed. Next I deleted ATAs on CUCM. *Since ATA has 2 MAC addresses, I deleted both of them. But they didn’t come back on CUCM automatically. So next I did factory reset to the ATA. Then just one of MAC addresses of the ATA has shown up on CUCM with DHCP address.

Where did the other MAC address of ATA and how can I register the ATA with static address on CUCM??

I can set static address on the ATA, but after that they'are never registered to CUCM.

Now I have no ideas what to try.

Does anyone have the same trouble as mine??

Your advice is really appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Mayumi

And there is one update, I did factory reset to the ATA again, then now 2 other ATA with new MAC addresses were shown up on CUCM. So now there are 3 MAC addresses of ATA on CUCM.

Why did this happen?

Your precious support is really appreciated.

Mayumi