Views
Helpful
Replies

StationConnectionError [ReasonCode=8]

UC Support
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I would like to ask a question I have a registered phone and give me this error in RTMT

StationConnectionError [ReasonCode=8]

But I didn’t find that this [ReasonCode=8] and I found only till [ReasonCode=4] which mean deviceRegistrationSuperceded

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/9_0/rtmt/CUCM_BK_CCC892E7_00_cucm-managed-services-guide-90.pdf

So if you have any information about Reason Code=8 kindly give it to me

Thanks for you all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Found it, reason 8 is socket broken.

deviceInitiatedReset = 0,

sccpDeviceThrottling = 1

keepAliveTimeout = 2

dbChangeNotify = 3

deviceRegistrationSuperceded = 4

deepSleep = 5

registrationSequenceError = 6

invalidCapabilities = 7

socketBroken = 8

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you look at the syslog viewer in RTMT, open the alternate syslog that contains that message and use the filter option or just find the message you're interested in.  Click on it to view the alert in a window.  On the right there will be full definitions of all of the enum values.  This same thing can be done for any message with a numeric code.  RTMT is always the most up to date place to find what the values mean. 

If you can't find it I'll take a screenshot and look on mine when I have a chance to connect to my call manager.

Interesting, RTMT only goes up to Reason 4.

Description: Station device is closing the connection

Explanation: A station device is closing its connection with Unified CM because of the reason that is described in this alarm

Recommended Action: Informational purposes only; no action is required. Also, refer to the reason code definition for additional information.

Parameters:

DeviceName - Device name

ReasonCode - Reason code

Enum Definitions - Reason Code:

0 - deviceInitiatedReset - The device has initiated a reset, possibly due to a power cycle or internal error. No action is required; the device will re-register automatically.

1 - sccpDeviceThrottling - (SCCP only) The indicated SCCP device has exceeded the maximum number of events allowed per-SCCP device. Events can be phone calls, KeepAlive messages, or excessive SCCP or non-SCCP messages. The maximum number of allowed events is controlled by the Cisco CallManager service parameter, Max Events Allowed. When an individual device exceeds the number configured in that service parameter, Unified CM closes the TCP connection to the device; automatic reregistration generally follows. This action is an attempt to stop malicious attacks on Unified CM or to ward off excessive CPU usage. No action is required; the device will re-register automatically.

2 - keepAliveTimeout - Unified CM did not receive a KeepAlive message from the device. Possible causes include device power outage, network power outage, network configuration error, network delay, packet drops, and packet corruption. It is also possible to get this error if the Unified CM node is experiencing high CPU usage. Verify that the device is powered up and operating, verify network connectivity between the device and Unified CM, and verify that CPU utilization is in the safe range (you can monitor this via the CPU Pegging Alert in RTMT). No action is required; the device will re-register automatically.

3 - dbChangeNotify - An ApplyConfig command was issued from Unified CM Administration resulting in an unregistration. No action is required; the device will re-register automatically.

4 - deviceRegistrationSuperceded - An initial device registration request was received but authentication had not yet completed before a new registration request was received. The first registration request was discarded and re-registration should proceed normally. No action is required; the device will re-register automatically.

Found it, reason 8 is socket broken.

deviceInitiatedReset = 0,

sccpDeviceThrottling = 1

keepAliveTimeout = 2

dbChangeNotify = 3

deviceRegistrationSuperceded = 4

deepSleep = 5

registrationSequenceError = 6

invalidCapabilities = 7

socketBroken = 8

Excellent Joe, I looked in the RTMT same results, only up to 4.

Thank you.

I know this is a very old thread. But. i am curious where did you find the meaning of "StationConnectionError [ReasonCode=8] "?

/Robert

You probably don't need this anymore, but in case someone is looking for the same information:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/10_x/ccmalarms1001.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: