cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stolen hardware PVDM3 and EHWIC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First am sorry if it is not the good discussion community to post, i will move it if you give me one better.

A friend bought at a Netherland broker some piece of equipment for the lab. But when the package arrived two equipement wasn't there (but written on the Invoice). All hardware is for IP Telephony/Voice:

- 1 PVDM3-128 (s/n: FOC17476XBH )

- 1 EHWIC-4ESG-P (s/n: FOC15201A95 )

It's easy to find out if it's the hardware, just do : show inventory on the CLI IOS.

My questions are :

1)  Is there a place at cisco.com to check for missing/stolen hardware (using serial number) ?

2) Is there a place at cisco.com to inform Cisco that hardware as been stolen (using serial number) ?

Thank's a lot for your help

4 Replies 4

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes sir, you are right this place is usually for technical discussions only.

Nevertheless, as good will gesture this what I shall recommend:

1. If the hardware was purchased from a reputable ecommerce site e.g. eBay etc, then raise the issue with them.

2. If the friend paid through a credit card, then raise it with them, most credit card companies will refund the money and will raise the issue with the actual seller and may be he/she will get flagged for selling stolen hardware

3. Finally, if you want, you may want to register a police complaint as well.

HTH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for your help.

The 3) options seemes the most raisonable.

If somebody could give an URL at Cisco.com to handle this kind of case, it would be nice.

1)  Is there a place at cisco.com to check for missing/stolen hardware (using serial number) ?

Speaking as someone who DOES NOT work for Cisco, when it comes with stolen items it's a hit-and-miss when dealing with Cisco.  

If you email Cisco Entitlement Team and provide them with the serial numbers then they COULD potentially check if they are stolen. 

When I say "hit-and-miss", they can't detect a product is stolen or not unless the original buyer informs them.  The Entitlement Team, however, can easily tell you if the serial numbers you've provided are counterfeit or not.

2) Is there a place at cisco.com to inform Cisco that hardware as been stolen (using serial number) ?

It won't work because the purchaser did NOT buy a brand-new product from Cisco (or an authorized Cisco reseller).  But even if they did, the part missing is so "small" (in financial value), it ain't going to be taken in "seriously". 

Police might help but only when stolen goods are handed to them or recovered by the local enforcement officers.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Leo,

I didn't know for the Cisco Entitlement Team contact.

Thank's you for this information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: