cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop off cluster calls Forwarding if not Answered.

Hi,

I am trying to stop certain calls forwarding to a mobile depending on the caller ID. I have a multi cluster setup all 11.5 with ILS and GDPR setup and working.

All users across three cluster can call each other as normal. I need to restrict call forward off net in certain cases.

Phone A on Cluster A has CFNA both internal and external set to call his mobile. If Phone A receives a call from PSTN or any other phone on cluster A the call can be forwarded to the mobile number as required.

If Phone A receives a call from Phone B on Cluster B or Phone C on Cluster C the call can not be allowed to call out to the PSTN (No forward to mobile or any other external number).

I have tried the setup described in this thread but can't get it to work. I think it might not be working because I am dealing with forwarded calls. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/71966/blocking-calls-based-calling-party-id

Does anyone know of a way to do this? 

Thanks

5 Replies 5

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

One option could be to use the following Service parameter:

This parameter determines whether transfers between external (OffNet) parties are blocked (not allowed). Valid values specify True (block transfers between OffNet parties) or False (allow transfers between OffNet parties).

You will have to define the trunk from Cluster C and Cluster B to be offnet  and the call to PSTN on Cluster A to be Offnet too.

Else, you will have to configure you forwarding CSS in such a manner so that the call cannot be routed further.

Rate if helpful.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I looked at this but would that not stop a local external call coming into Cluster A from forwarding to the mobile which would be allowed? 

I have looked at the CSS and I can't seem to stop the cross cluster call from forwarding with out stopping all calls from forwarding. The inter-cluster trunk has internal only on the CSS but giving the Forwarding CSS outbound permissions allows all calls no matter where they originate from. 

Hi Michael,

On the SIP trunk for instance, you can have the call classfication as Onnet or Offnet based on the setting on the SIP trunk itself which can be utilized for the calls coming in from the Cluster C or Cluster B.

However, you can specify call classification as OnNet for the Gateway from which the calls come in to the Cluster A.

Look at the following snippet from the Feature guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-851-cm/fsxfer.html#wp1043824

Incoming Call—A call for which only gateways and trunks call classification settings get used to classify it as OnNet or OffNet. Route Pattern call classification settings do not apply.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

I've set this up and it didn't work. I did the following: 

Turned on the Service Parameter to Block OffNet to OffNet

Confirned that the System Default is OffNet so all Trunks and Route Patterns are set to OffNet by default.

Tried a Call from Cluster B to A:

Intercluster SIP Trunk Call Classifcation set to Default (OffNet) and hard set to OffNet.

Route Pattern for outbound number specified in the CFNA set to OffNet and Device Override unchecked

Outbound SIP Trunk to local Voice Gateway set to both Offnet and OnNet.

Same result for all. The call always gets forwarded to the out side number.

Any ideas? 

Hi, The Block Offnet to Offnet did not work for us here. 

We ended up using call-block on the inbound dial-peers on the gateways.