Views
Helpful
Replies

strip off national code

cae_technology
Level 1
Level 1

simple question.

We have 4 offices that used to have to go over the PSTN to call eachother, now we have CUCM in place for all 4 offices they can reach eachother by short dial rather than the full national number. Users out of habit will still dial National number. I would like to put in a pattern that strips off the national number and leaves the 4 digits so tha tit ends up being an on net call.  I am not sure if I need a translation pattern or called party transformation. Which comes first in the lookup ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

A translation pattern is your friend here.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correctly said by Gordon, Translation Pattern will help you and it comes first in routing and Called Party Transformation applies on gateway level which comes later on.

Let say the PSTN number is  408 777 2222, now the caller used to dial this number and call goes over PSTN. What you need to do is to create several Translation Patterns depend on your numbering scheme and manipulate the number to get desired DN. In this case, let say DN of respective user is 2222 (and I assume DNs are in range), so you should create TP as follows;

TP: 408777.XXXX

Under Called Party,

Discard Digit: Pre Dot

This will translate the number to four digits viz XXXX which will be your respective DN.

Just ensure that CSS here should see the partitions of respective DN

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

A translation pattern is your friend here.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correctly said by Gordon, Translation Pattern will help you and it comes first in routing and Called Party Transformation applies on gateway level which comes later on.

Let say the PSTN number is  408 777 2222, now the caller used to dial this number and call goes over PSTN. What you need to do is to create several Translation Patterns depend on your numbering scheme and manipulate the number to get desired DN. In this case, let say DN of respective user is 2222 (and I assume DNs are in range), so you should create TP as follows;

TP: 408777.XXXX

Under Called Party,

Discard Digit: Pre Dot

This will translate the number to four digits viz XXXX which will be your respective DN.

Just ensure that CSS here should see the partitions of respective DN

Thanks

thanks Gordon, thanks Vivek,

much appreciated