Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscribe User Device Profiles to IP Phone Services in bulk

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a CUCM 8.0(3) cluster few hundred User Device Profiles and want to subscribe them all to a new IP phone service.

BAT does not have an update UDP option.

Is there any easy way to subscribe them?

Thanks

James

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi James,

When you create your phone service (Device > Device Settings > Phone Services > Add New Service) you can select Enterprise Subscription which will add the service to all phones in your environment.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it will not work in this case as I only need UDP's for users at one site out of four to have the service (it is VoiceView Express for Unity Connection).

Any other suggestions welcome.

Hi James,

Here's another option, you can use the BAT Import/Export tool, in CUCM, go to BAT > Import / Export, click the Device Profile checkbox and export the data to a .tar file and edit the .csv file for the UDP.  In the .csv file, you can update the following fields with the service you are looking to subscribe to:

Service Name 1Subscribed Service Name 1Subscribed Service URL 1Subscribed Service Name ASCII 1

You can then create another .tar archive (with the previous header.txt file used during the export) and upload that to CUCM and the config to the system using the Import/Export tool, and this time choosing the Import option and selecting the .tar file and the UDP checkbox.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks - I will try that tomorrow.