Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber is unreachable After Reset the Virtual Server

ozgun.emirhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  have created 2 new subscriber last week and start monitoring over Real Time Monitoring Tool, after a few days i realize that "virtual memory usage"of both are higher than threshold ( other 3 manager that i had don't exceed the threshol). I search it in supportforum, then i ;

1) Stopped all the un-used CUCM services
2) Restarted the Tomcat service
3) Restarted the virtual server to release the cashed memory

for one of them and virtual memory usage was decreased almost 40% after i restarted virtual server. After that i want to do the same thing to the other subscriber but when i restarted virtual server it didn't come up. RTMT says "10.6.30.12 is unreachable". I attached a few screenshots below;

1st file shows the processes after i restarted the virtual server

2nd file is about what virtual server shows on the console
3rd file shows there is not available free space under /tmp directory

and also i tried to execute "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat" command but the console doesn't show any progress it just freezes. Does anyone has idea how can solve it ? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ozgun,

Since it is a new subscriber i would recommend reinstalling it. It will be the quickest fix as the database will be replicated to this node from the Publisher once it is installed.

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

Hi Gogna, i have reinstalled and i have been observing how it is gonna act. Virtual memory usage have been still rising, it is 74% now. Do you have any idea how to solve it.

74% is normal, if you see it rising continuosly with alerts being generated and impact on system performance then please let me know.

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

Hi Gogna,

I kept looking for the problem and finally i found the correct answer. There are 2 bugs between cucm and VMware tools such as ;

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz50894/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz50894/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

and this two cause high virtual memory usage. To solve this problem i setup the bug file via OS Admin > Software Upgrades > Install/upgrade then executed "utils vmtools refresh " command via cucm cli, it took a few minutes and the problem was solved, now i have 39% virtual memory usage. Thanks for your replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: