Views
Helpful
Replies

supervisory custom-cptone command problem

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I have this scenario where I create a Supervisory Custom-Cptone so that fxo port will go on-hook once the call has been ended from the PSTN side even though I'm still at off-hook status on the Callmanager side. The reason I did this was because the telco that I used to send my calls thru uses different frequencies

Now here's the thing, I have 2 test scenario

1. When PSTN side initiated the call to my Callmanager ( I used both express and unified communications for testing), fxo port goes off-hook when my ip phones/analog phones answer the call. When PSTN side ended the call, fxo port goes ON-HOOK after a couple of seconds. This is a success

2. When Callmanager side initiated the call to the PSTN (I used my cellphone and landline number for this), and the PSTN answers the call, immediately after 2-3 seconds FXO port from where the analog voice gateway is connected goes ON-HOOK and the call drops without me ending the call either on the Callmanager side or PSTN side. This is the problem

I think that this should not be the case, where do you guys thin is the problem? Below is my sample configuration for the  voice-port

voice class dualtone-detect-params 1
freq-max-deviation 20
cadence-variation 50
!
voice class custom-cptone c-tone
dualtone disconnect
  frequency 451
  cadence 350 325

voice-port 0/1/1
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
supervisory custom-cptone c-tone
supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1
timeouts wait-release 5
connection plar opx 10003

What configuration I'm missing?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug vpm signal" with "terminal monitor" for case 2.

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When IP Phones initiates the call, and you do not have any CP tone conigured i.e. it has been set to default, do you see the same problem. If the problem still exists, it has got nothing to do with the cptone. If the problem goes away, then the DSP might be incorrectly  hanging up the call.

Need more information as to the behavior seen when the cptone is applied and when it is not.

Regards,

Udit

@paulo

Attached here is the test results with "debug vpm signal". I included some comments on the attached file as to where certain phases of the call happened. I've also included a test scenario where I remove the "supervisory custom-cptone" command and initiated a call from the CallManager to the PSTN, and as expected, call is not dropped right away but when I end the call from the PSTN side, fxo port stays OFF-HOOK until I end the call in the CallManager side

@Udit

When ip phones initiated the call and I dont have "supervisory custom-cptone" command configured and just the default configuration, the problem goes away (calls are not being dropped right awat after 2-3 seconds), but fxo port stays OFF-HOOK even though PSTN side ends the call, so I need to hangup the call from the IP Phones for the fxo port to go ON-HOOK. I've attached here a test call with "debug vpm signal" turned on as suggested by paulo.

You mention that DSP might be incorrecly hanging up the call? Hows that possible? Is there any solution so that calls will not get droped RIGHT AWAY when ip phones initate the call while "supervisory custom-cptone" is configured?

Please have the custom CPtone in place and remove the following commands and test again -

supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1
timeouts wait-release 5

Let us know the outcome of the same.

Regards,

Udit

I've conducted as you've instructed and test a couple of scenario in the VOICE-PORT as well

Scenario 1: - Your recommendation

voice-port 0/1/1

- CallManager / IP Phones initiated the call to the PSTN, then the PSTN side ended the call

- Results: fast busy tone and fxo stays OFF-HOOK until CallManager / IP Phones ended the call

Scenario 2: - removing "supervisory dual-detect-params 1"

voice-port 0/1/1
timeouts wait-release 5

- CallManager / IP Phones initiated the call to the PSTN, then the PSTN side ended the call

- Results: Desired result! fxo port goes into ON-HOOK

- The result is the same when PSTN side first initiated the call and also the one ended the call

Conclusion: So I there for conclude that this command is the one that is causing the AUTOMATIC disconnect when CallManager / IP Phones initiated the call to the PSTN and the PSTN "supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1"

Now my question is... WHY? As far as I know when I only used this command to adjust range of the frequency and cadence to a certain value if their value is not exactly as to what I've set under "voice class custom-cptone c-tone" or the parameters I put under "voice class dualtone-detect-params 1(freq-max-deviation 20 and cadence-variation 50)" is insuficient or not necessary?

Hi warquezho0612

Has you found the solution for your issue. We have installed CUCM with 2911 as CO with FXO, and sometimes we have the same issue: from inside call to outside, the call ended after 2-3 seconds.

Please advice me the solution.

Many thanks

Hai