cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

supplementary-service qsig call-forward in which way?

alaincayron
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have a forward problem on a qsig with alcatel which is known for a log time here (2004) i found no sultions for the moment

i found that command that may help

supplementary-service qsig call-forward

but i can't understand in which way it works

i hope it is like this

if a receive a message call forward froma pabx (if the phone i call is forwarded to another one)

the gateway will be able to redial the new number recieved on the forward message.

if it's not like thath please tell me

regards

Alain

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Not sure what systems you are using

Here is some info from CME to Alcatel 4000- probaly the interfacing will be very similar to your set up

Call Forwards

The Alcatel PBX will not perform call forward by join. It always performs a reroute in calls where a PBX phone is in the middle.

For calls from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.0(2) to a PBX phone that is then forwarded locally to another PBX

phone (e.g., Phone C1 calls Phone A, and Phone A forwards to Phone B), the Alcatel PBX sends a reroute proposal, and the Cisco

Unified Communications Manager Express responds with a second SETUP message (i.e., a new call). This feature is inherent to the

PBX and can not be turned off.

For local CFNR from a SIP phone to a PBX phone to another PBX phone (e.g., phone C2 calls phone A, and phone A forwards on no

response to phone B), the call connects, but has 1-way voice.

For ”trombone” or ”hairpin” calls from a PBX phone to a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express SIP phone to a PBX phone

(e.g., phone A calls phone C2, which forwards to phone B), the call completes, but Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

does not perform a reroute, even when reroute is enabled.

For ”trombone” or ”hairpin” calls involving overlap dialing from a PBX phone to a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

(SCCP or SIP) phone to a PBX phone (e.g., phone A calls phone C1/C2 using overlap dialing, and C1/C2 forwards to phone B), the call

completes, but there is no reroute. If the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express phone is a SIP phone, there is no reroute

proposal. If the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express phone is a SCCP phone, there is a reroute propsal, but the PBX

ignores it. It is believed that this is because overlap dialing on the Alcatel PBX is accomplished by a direct trunk select (as opposed to

ARS), and this causes the PBX to ignore the reroute proposal because the first trunk is ”nailed up”. This is believed to be an inherent

limitation of the Alcatel PBX.

Forwarded calls originated from a PBX extension to a remote Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express SCCP extension, and

forwarded to a local Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express extension (e.g., A calls G1, and G1 forwards to C1), Cisco

Unified Communications Manager Express performs a QSIG reroute, even though a QSIG reroute is not in order (i.e., there is no QSIG

”hairpin” or ”trombone”).

For many call forwards, the forwarding called name and number are not displayed on the final destination.

For many call forwards, the called (connected) name and number are not updated on the original phone. In some instances, the correct

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/562133nt.pdf

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

yeah i saw this message

For calls from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.0(2) to a PBX phone that is then forwarded locally to another PBX

phone (e.g., Phone C1 calls Phone A, and Phone A forwards to Phone B), the Alcatel PBX sends a reroute proposal, and the Cisco

Unified Communications Manager Express responds with a second SETUP message (i.e., a new call). This feature is inherent to the

PBX and can not be turned off.

but as i'm not using call manager and attacking directly in sip the 2811 i wonder what this command mean as it seems to me one solution

as in your pdf it is not said how this new call is 'automatically' done.

supplementary-service qsig call-forward

hi guys, can anyone direct me on how to connect or login the alcatel pbx system so i can make proper changes to sip with my CME as i already have all the documentation on how to make changes but dont know how to log in alcatel 4400. Thanks in advance.