cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support - Problem download firmware CP-7975G Phone

Leonof
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I bought a 7975G phone, but unfortunately I can't download the updates, obviously I contacted the assistance who told me that the product expired in 2019 and therefore he couldn't help me, and he told me to open a post in this forum, I hope someone can help me.
Thank you all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let me give a hint: You already know the complete filename, right? Enter the filename into a search engine.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Start by mentioning what system you are wanting to use the phone with, is it CUCM, CME or some 3:rd party system?

Response Signature

Thanks for the answer, honestly I don't know the difference, I bought this new phone, which unfortunately has a few years. I accept advice honestly I have never had this type of problem, it is the first time that I use cisco ip phones

I try to download the latest firmware cmterm-7975-sip.9-4-2SR4.zip

but by mistake:

o Download this software, you must have a valid service contract associated with your Cisco.com profile.
If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:
Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco
Your Cisco Partner or Reseller
Once you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with Profile Manager

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/281346597/type/282074288/release/9.4(2)SR4?i=!pp

Don't you know what phone system that you want to use the phone with?

Response Signature

certainly I have to connect it with a freepbx / asterisk server, I have provided the 2017 update that I can download, but it is full of bugs
(sorry my english is not very good)

My problem is not the configuration of the phone but only how to download the latest firmware version.

thanks for the help!

Let me give a hint: You already know the complete filename, right? Enter the filename into a search engine.

I know it can be downloaded online, but I don't find it very normal that I need something illegal after buying a product.

I don't understand the meaning of this cisco policy, but hey the next product will evidently be from another brand.

Thanks for support

It's as easy as you need to have a valid support contract for the product that you want/need to download software upgrade(s) for. Nothing special for Cisco, this is the case for many vendors.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: