Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 MultiSite feature on CUCM

manuel-mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

Does MultiSite work when SX20 is registered with CUCM? (No VCS scenario)

Thanks,

Manuel

14 Replies 14

tiorourk
Level 1
Level 1

Manuel,

Yes, MultiSite works when SX20 is registered to CUCM.  Thanks for your question.

Regards,

Tim

Hi

Does SX20 work with MeetingPlace to provide room-based to desktop video conferencing?

Regards

Reza

The BU lists the end points here

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Compatibility_Matrix#Video_Endpoint_Compatibility

I don’t see the SX20 but considering the C20 is listed it should work but again the BU needs to update this link

Keep in mind the BU is no longer recommending video on MP as the flagship choice, the EMS server can only do voice activated and HMS server uses 3545 MCU which isn’t the flagship product after Tandberg acquisition. So I would move towards Tandberg MCU for enterprise class video conferencing.

Thanks

Srini

With SX20 registered to CUCM, can CUCM use the MCU resource of SX20 for Video conferencing?

Example, i have two 8945 phones, a SX20 and a EX60 all registered on CUCM.

One 8945 places a video call to EX60. Now he wants to add the another 8945 and create a video conf between the 2 8945 and the Ex60, can CUCM use the SX20 MCU for this?

sorry, forgot to login

Nope the multi site resource cannot be an adhoc bridge resourc the way you are trying to do. You can look at registering a resource like PVDM3 but with caveats like no CP support  or BFCP support or go to a MCU like 4500/5300/8510 for adhoc bridging resource or use conductor and get more flexibility

Srini

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please see above

Srini

tonysamir
Level 1
Level 1

so how can i use Multisite functionality of SX-20 with the Existing video IP Phones

Is there any document discuss this scenarios

If you join the participants from the sx20 you are fine since that's the device hosting the bridge. In your scenario you were using other endpoints to start a bridge and for that the resource has to be grabbed by ccm and t multi site bridge isn't defined in ccm it is built into the end point

Thanks

Srini

sirivoravith
Level 1
Level 1

I have question about if we registered SX20 to CUCM to get MRG,  i know SX20 can still using internal MCU 4 party. but have to call from SX20 to other?

and secondly if this group need more than four person in conference group, still can be bridge between internal MCU SX20 and MRG MCU?

Thank you,

Multi site is built into the SX20. This means to engage the built in MCU the end point has to be engaged and has to be involved in the call. You cannot cascade between the Multi site license in the endpoint a MRG resource

Srini

Hello there,

Would 3 SX20 (with multisite licences) be able to communicate without the need of a CUCM?

Would it be possible to manually set the ips on these devices for conferences?

Thank you!

Andre,

I found this thread in the Cisco Support Community that might answer your question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2222857

Please post back to the Community if you need additional information.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Thank you, great post you recommended!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: