Views
Helpful
Replies

sx20 with ceiling mics and Biamp DSP

rafael.rogado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We integrated biamp ceiling mics and DSP to sx20 and we are encountering a problem with the  microphone level on the sx20 side, when I checked the mic level meter on the web admin page on the sx20, it is very large. Ceiling mics get power from the dsp, and I dont see any options to turn the phantom power in the sx20 audio config page.

Any idea?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1

Open up the SX20's HTTPs page. Goto Setup-> Configuration -> Click in the search field -> type in "level"

lower the levels on mic input 1 from 14 to something like 6 so it isn't clipping on the VU meters.

mwm

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi - this is not be a phantom power issue. The audio signal is just too strong.  The first thing is to determine - is the Biamp DSP sending a line level signal (+4dB) to the SX20 microphone input?  The SX20 does not have the capability to accept a line level signal - you must send it a microphone level signal from the DSP. The input rating is -35dB nominal, and it has an input gain (trim) adjustment to allow for different microphone signal strengths.

Can you set the Biamp output for microphone level instead of line level?  If not, then you will need a pad to drop the signal 40dB or so.

Once you get the signal strength figured out, there is an input gain adjustment on each SX20 microphone input, right in the web interface. Adjust that gain until you see a proper VU meter in the web interface.

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1

Open up the SX20's HTTPs page. Goto Setup-> Configuration -> Click in the search field -> type in "level"

lower the levels on mic input 1 from 14 to something like 6 so it isn't clipping on the VU meters.

mwm

Thank you very much everyone..... Problem has been solved by applying your recommendations

I am trying to connect a sx20 with mics and a Biamp Nexia tc DSP.  Can you share how you set your up?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: