Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync the clock on phone with NTP

martnord05
Level 1
Level 1

Platform: CUCMBE 6.1

If I want to sync all the phones to a NTP source, is there more to it than pointing to a server in the "Phone NTP Reference" and then add the NTP reference in "Date/Time Group"? I've reset:ed the phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I normally configure when prompted during the installation. You should be able to add them using the web interface though.

Try Cisco Unified OS Administration page then Settings > NTP Servers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

NTP Phone References are only used by SIP phones.

If you are using SCCP phones they will get their time from the CUCM server to which they are registered with appropriate modifications for the Date/Time Group assigned to their device pool.

The CUCM Publisher server may be synced to an NTP server - see the OS Admin pages. The other CUCMs in the cluster derive their time from the Publisher using NTP.

In short set up NTP servers for the Publisher and the phones will get correct time.

Ah. I kind of expected that.

Ok. Since I only have one server I guess thats the publisher then. How do I set up the NTP servers? Is it CLI only?

I normally configure when prompted during the installation. You should be able to add them using the web interface though.

Try Cisco Unified OS Administration page then Settings > NTP Servers.

Thanks James! I was stuck on the CM Administration and didnt think of the OS Admin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: