Replies

Syslog Settings From CLI?

gretchen1983
Level 1
Level 1

All I can find, regarding syslog settings in the CLI command set is this:

utils syslog test

Which just sends out test Alarms. 

Hopefully I'm missing something.  But is there a way to see the syslog settings from the CLI?  I basically want to see the syslog servers set up under here in the GUI:

CUCM > Serviceability > Alarms > Configure > Server > Service Group > Service

But there are a great many Servers, Service Groups, and Services to check, and I need to do it on many clusters, and this will be a massive amount of clicking, and it will be error prone. 

It would be hugely easier if I could build a script one time and paste it into the CLI. 

5 Replies 5

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

You can get the Syslog info from RTMT really easy. 

Is there a reason why you want to do it from the CLI via RTMT?

yes, I want to do it from the CLI, ... via RTMT?  no, just straight from the CLI.

If you meant versus RTMT, then,

Yes, I want to do it from CLI, because CLI takes 10 seconds, while RTMT takes 10 minutes.  First you launch RTMT, then you wait a couple minutes, then you give it the IP, then you want a couple minutes, then you have to correct the timezone and wait a couple of minutes, or download the exactly correct version of RTMT again, and start all over.  And then, because it sat there so long before launching, you clicked it again and now you have two instances running.  Yes, there is great stuff in RTMT, but there's no such thing as a quck look at RTMT, and I have a lot of servers to look at.  So 10 seconds at the CLI is much better.  I could have them all completed before lunch.  And if I do it in the CLI I have the log of the session and I don't have to copy/paste or type out the results. 

gretchen1983
Level 1
Level 1

No one yet? 

What about in the database?  Is it in the database?  Could I pull it out with a SQL query? 

Hi,

If you mean CCM traces etc it is possible to download them through the logcollection API. It is poorly documented but I have managed to download files through it. It is much faster than RTMT.

I wrote about my findings in https://communities.cisco.com/people/dhook/blog/2015/12/04/dealing-with-the-serviceability-logcollection-api

You can also find more information here.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/sxml/documents/api-reference/log-collection/

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: