Views
Helpful
Replies

System Call Handler in Cisco Unity v8.x

mespinet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out....I am having issues getting a System Call Handler I have set up in Cisco Unity to switch over to the after hours call handler. The day Call Handler that is setup works fine, but after 6 pm it does not switch over to the night Call Handler that is setup with Caller Inputs for users. I am using Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.0.2.40000-12. Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Monica E.

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." -- actor Michael Caine       

Monica E. "Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." -- actor Michael Caine
3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is it configured? The way you want to set it up is:

create a schedule

assign the schedule to the business hours call handler

enable closed greeting on the business hours call handler and have it setup to go to after-hours call handler

the after-hours call handler should not have any extension and should be using the "All hours" schedule.

That's all.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the help. I had the day Call Handler set up with the business hours, and the night call handler set to "All Hours". I will go ahead and remove any extension that might have been setup on the after hours call handler.

Thanks again,

Monica E.

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." -- actor Michael Caine

Monica E. "Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." -- actor Michael Caine

Monica,

Having the extension on the call handler is not the reason it is not working, make sure the business-hours call handler has closed greeting checked (enabled) and pointing to the after-hours call handler.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: