Views
Helpful
Replies

T-1 CAS PBX Integration; Matching Dial-Peer 0 and Translate Calling-Number

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a TDM VGW integrating into a PBX using T-1 CAS and am trying to take those PBX calls and send them VoIP to a SIP PSTN Gateway. My topology:

PBX----(T-1 CAS)----TDM VGW----(VoIP network)---SBC VGW----(SIP PSTN)

I'm just trying to get outbound calls working and I see two problems (prior to the carrier turning up the SIP service):

1) For incoming calls to the TDM VGW from the PBX via T-1 CAS, I'm matching incoming dial-peer 0 and don't understand why I'm not matching my dial-peer 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial 

(I've tried with and without direct-inward-dial as I read somewhere that T-1 CAS should not have it. However, dial-peer 0 matches in both cases).

2) I'm trying to translate the incoming calling number to a main number as it is being sent out of the TDMVGW (over to the SIP SBC VGW), however, the calling number does not appear to be translated from looking at my debugs from the TDM VGW or the SIP SBC VGW. When I test voice translation-rule 1 with // or NULL input, it get translated properly. I'm trying to "translate-outgoing calling" on the outgoing dial-peers (sending over to the SBC VGWs). I don't see any SIP debug messages or dial-peer/ccapi/TSP messages that indicate the incoming number (none from a T-1 CAS) is being translated to the desired office-number.

(Please see attached files for further troubleshooting- "TDM06A" interfaces to the PBX and VoIP network; SBC24 interface to the VoIP network and SIP PSTN Trunks). 

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

4 Replies 4

Try with this.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^$/ /18458920000/
rule 2 /.*/ /18458920000/ ! voice translation-profile out-from-PBX translate calling 1 ! dial-peer voice 20 voip translation-profile outgoing out-from-PBX ! dial-peer voice 21 voip translation-profile outgoing out-from-PBX

Response Signature

Roger,

Thank you!!! I see the calling number being added now when sent over to the SIP router. I don't know if it was the /^$/ or my command syntax under the dial-peer that did it. 

Looks great- thanks!

Mike

You where applying wrong command under dial-peer, translate-outgoing calling 1. This should be as @Roger Kallberg  mentioned. and that made things to work.

voice translation-profile out-from-PBX >> You need to apply this profile under dial-peer not the rule.
translate calling 1

Response Signature

Glad to hear that you got it to work @Michael Mertens 

As @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote it was the command used on the dial peers that was wrong. The match in rule 1 /^$/ matches null, aka no number, rule 2 /.*/ matches any number, including null. So what you had before should have worked with the proper command on the dial peers. You can always try it out by removing rule 1 from the rule set.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: