Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you need 2 as you don't cover 7100 to 7149. You need to exclude it either by not including it or denying it, but at least 2 rules.

Exactly what's the purpose of... not sure if this can be called a translation... the same number to the same numbers???

What are you trying to do?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you need 2 as you don't cover 7100 to 7149. You need to exclude it either by not including it or denying it, but at least 2 rules.

Exactly what's the purpose of... not sure if this can be called a translation... the same number to the same numbers???

What are you trying to do?

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Javalenc.

I cant let calls go directly to the DNs (strip 4 last digits on the GW and let the CCM forward the Call to the DNs), because i want to add the 90 (access code to pstn) to the Calling Number (so user dont have to edit the number from the missed call section when trying to call back to the pstn). I am using MGCP, and i can't add the 90 in the Callmanager parameter (national, International, subscriber), as we have different location with different access code to the pstn.

So translation pattern is the only way to achieve this. Or am i missing something?

No, if there is need to add several different prefixes for inbound calls the way you're doing it is the way to go.

If you were running H323 you could do it at GW level but with MGCP the only way are the translation patterns.

If it was all the same it would be as easy as set the parameters you mentioned.

HTH

java

HTH

java

i think if you want only prefix 90 to the calling number for missed calls

you dont need to translate just in the translation pattren put for example 71XX

in the calling number section put 90XXXXXXX and check the chek box of the

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask

this will keep the called number the same as you will leave it blank

i think you've seen the bellow link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

good luck

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: